We all love the season of Christmas. It brings a lot of cheer and joy in the lives of all. There is music, singing, dancing, food and a lot more as planned. We cannot think about Christmas without a Christmas cake.
And this should be homemade cake only as per the traditions. Cakes were always a delicacy in the Christmas season and are still the same. Earlier it was not possible to buy cakes from outside as people believed to bake their own cakes at home with all the love and affection
But now with the hectic schedule, it is not possible for us to bake a cake at home. Therefore, we find the best available online portal to send cake to Mumbai or any part of the country. But today, we would look at the best available recipe for Christmas cake to bake with our own hands and make a great Christmas year for our loved ones.
Ingredients for Dried Fruit Cake
- Take one kg of dried fruits such as raisin, cherries, figs, sultanas, prunes, currants, cranberries
- Orange juice and zest
- Lemon juice and zest
- 250 grams of softened butter
- 200 grams of brown sugar
- 175 grams plain flour
- 100 grams ground almond
- Baking powder ½ teaspoon
- Mixed spice 2 teaspoons
- Ground cinnamon 1 teaspoon
- Ground cloves ¼ teaspoon
- Flaked almonds 100 grams
- 4 eggs
- Vanilla extract 1 teaspoon
- Brandy, rum, whiskey, if you wish to add
Once you have all these ingredients collected and ready on the cooking platform, you can start the procedure to prepare the Christmas cake.
- Take a pan and set it to medium heat flame. Now add all the dried fruits along with run whiskey, or brandy, and add brown sugar and softened butter. Add the orange and lemon juice along with zest. Now keep on stirring it until it comes down to a boil. Once it is boiled; lower the flame and set it for simmer for about 5 minutes. Once this is done, empty the fruit mixture into a bow and let it cool down for about 30 minutes.
- Pre heat it at 150 degrees C
- In the fruit mix add about 175 grams of plain flour, 100 grams of ground almond, ½ teaspoon of baking powder, 2 teaspoons of mixed spices, 1 teaspoon of ground cinnamon, ¼ teaspoon of ground clove, 100 grams of flaked almonds, 4 eggs, and finally 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract to be mixed well. This needs to be done with consistency so that there are no pockets of flour in the mixture. Now tip it into the baking tin and let it set in the middle of the over to be baked for about 2 hours.
- Once the cake is baked, get it out and poke holes into it. Now pour some more alcohol over it pour some more alcohol of your choice. Usually, rum is a great way to make Christmas cakes. Let it cool down so that the alcohol sets well into the cake. The quantity of alcohol is to just get the taste into it and not get the people drunk to the core.
- Now you can let the cake cool down once you have removed it from the tin. Let it rest for some time in a cling film and then get it out to ice it and decorate as per your wish. You can let the bottom of the cake to dry so that it gives a thick crust feel at the bottom as some people relish over it.
Your Christmas cake is ready to be cut and made merry with all your loved ones visiting your home this Christmas. The same cake can also be sent to Mumbai to your near and dear ones.